Monday, July 17, 2006

Do you Doo Dah?

That was THE MOST FUN I'VE HAD IN A WHILE! Great people, great vibe and great waves. I finally met Surfsister and saw CYT. Surfsister's costume was rad! She surfed in full cycling gear.. even had the helmet and sunglasses! CYT was a nun (didn't get to meet her cause she was flying down the line when I was paddling back out) and I thought that her costume was pretty funny. Scarecrow dressed up as a hula girl. Her coconut shells had a bunch of wax on them after and if I had a dollar for every guy that said, "Next time no rashguard!" I'd only have $2. My costume, a Miller Lite can, didn't make it out of the water. The whole right side ripped after my first wave. I tried to save it by turning it into a cap but that just made paddling a lot harder. I did manage 2 really good waves; I just wish those guys that dropped in on me stayed on the wave. I've never been on a set wave with more one other person. Oh well. What a fun spot. I think I'll visit again.

Some notable costumes for that day:

A Viking- took out his or her sword on the wave
Tribal guy
Superman- (Tribal guy started humming what he thought was the Superman theme, but really was the theme to Indiana Jones. That was classic!)
Supergirl- Posed like she was flying when she was on the wave
Dude with a blowup doll
An Alligator or was it a Crocodile?- I didn't see him in the water.. we got there kinda late
A hottie Stewardess
A old dude in a Speedo with booties.. don't know if that was a costume
and a hottie in a blue rashguard and a skyblue board

Don't forget to vote for best costume:




We left after the raffle.. damn you Milton(winner's name.. I think)!!! Once I got home, I filled up the water bottles and trained. First set, 30 mile bike and 2 mile run in 96 degree weather. Next set, 30 mile bike and 2 mile run in 101 heat. Last set, 30 mile ride in 102 oven. Didn't run the last 2 miles cause I was kinda tired... Dinner was great that day because not only was I super hungry, but I think I found the new sushi spot. SWEEET!!!

Last night, I went to Bollywood with the chickie for her friends' Bdays. Damn the stacked parking!!! We didn't get out of the lot until 11. Funny note, some guy was next to use leaving the parking lot. Was only looking left and stopped short of the street. I yelled at him to stop then he gave me a dirty look. Umm yeah.. you almost ran over those pedestrians.. jackass.. Concert was ok. I wish I understood what they were saying. And from my observation, I think a lot of tribal dances have similiar movements.

More training and hopefully some surf this weekend. Don't forget the sunblock... I just tried the sample packets I got from Himaya. I think I've found a new blocker.

Go get it!!!

1 Comments:

Blogger reverb said...

...seems very funny!

6:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home