Wednesday, November 01, 2006

The Review

I took the new board out last Friday and Saturday in knee to waist with the rare chest high set. First hour was miserable! Lots of waist high waves to be had but I let them all pass. After that, I was able to get the board to work for me. I was paddling faster and catching some closeouts. I did manage to catch a chest high wave and went left. The board felt really good under my feet and I managed a mini snap and WTF, I found myself heading to shore after the move. Usually, I just fall down. SWEET! I see a lot of potential with this board. Can't wait to have it dialed in and start doin more progressive stuff.

With the new edition to the quiver, I need to rebuild the rack. If anyone has any suggestions, let me know! I have 4 shorties and 2 longboards and not enough space!

I also bought a new wetsuit from www.sierratradingpost.com. The suit was $189 and new members get 20% off. Price shipped was $163. This week, I found out that the suit is now $151. So with the new member price it would be around $130 shipped. I did try to ask for a change on my purchased wetsuit, but no dice. I think I'll try the 800 number cause the online chat chick was like the soup nazi.. NO DEAL FOR YOU!!! Why don't I return it you ask? I'll have to eat the original shipping, $12, and return shipping $5. So all in all, I'd save about $17. I'll still give them a call.

And I hate being busy at work! I can't remember if I sent out my cellphone rebate! Dang it! Hopefully a $50 check will come in the mail.

And if you're interested, dockers.com is having a sale. 30-40% off at check out. I bought 3 pairs of pants and used google check out. $116 shipped. Woo hoo!!

Speaking of all this money, we got our merit increases. Woo hoo!! I got more than the minimum! SWEET!

Later crocodiles!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home