Thursday, October 20, 2005

A 3 hour tour

That's how long I looked for surf; 45 minutes to get home. Nothing but blown out, high tide waves from Countyline to Ventura point. And knee to waist high forcasted this weekend?? Better than nothing!

So, about 3 weeks ago, it dawned on me, "Dude, I swim a lot, why not do Triathlons?" Right now, I'm training for a sprint (roughly .5miles, 13 mile bike, 3.2 mile run), but with the off season, I might just train for a full one. The biggest purchase, right now, would be a bike for me. I've talked to a few shops and one recommended a road bike and another really helpful shop told me to get a tri-bike. How much does it cost, you ask? A beginner tri-bike will be around $1000!!!! Guess I'll be on the stationary bike for a few more months. Hey Surfsister, do you know any shops that can help me out?

Right now, if I pushed myself, I think I can do half a sprint without stopping. I'll keep you guys updated.

Time to break out the tanker!!!

5 Comments:

Blogger Surfsister said...

If you're serious about the sport, buy a tri-bike. If you want to use the bike for other types of riding later, get a road bike. I used to do triathlons (for a minute) before settling on competitive cycling (which I did for years). You could always get a road bike and have aero bars put on it. Also, check the bikes on eBay. There's a company, Fetish Bikes, that sells its frames (both tri and road) for almost a steal. I've already bought one. I know they had tri bikes. Good luck!

2:02 PM  
Blogger BeanCountingSurfer said...

Thanks for the info!

9:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I fail to see how triathlons will get you in more surf... You could get a Tyler and a Cooperfish for what you will spend on bikes in on time. Signed, Mr. Poo-poo

10:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I meant no time. Mr, Pp

10:24 PM  
Blogger BeanCountingSurfer said...

Just something else for me to do. I already have 5 boards, and one of them is a 10' Dewey Weber Stylist, so I don't need to spend any more money on boards. Maybe a bigger thruster, but that's about it.

7:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home