Monday, August 22, 2005

Should have drove

What's up fellow online surfers!!!

Man am I tired!! Went to the Coldplay concert last night with a friend... super good show... I really liked the lighting. The concert didn't finish until 11pm and we're in the car by 11:30pm. And WTF!!! Who the hell had the bright idea of having one outlet from the parking lot? We were stuck in parking lot traffic for about 45 minutes. I did manage to entertain myself by getting people in SUV's to go over the mini-curb. I got one person to do it; it was a Mercedes ML. Then an Escalade pulled up next to us and I'm trying to convince him to go over and he says, "We're too heavy." WTF!!! Are you gonna carry it over the curv? Too bad my friend drove her car. I should have drove the Dodge, we would have be on the freeway in no time.

So why do swells decide to show up during the week? Come on Mother Nature, show some love for us weekend warriors! Pretty Please! I surfed Countyline with Scarecrow this past Saturday. The waves were breaking pretty close to shore and if you didn't make the drop, you got worked. I surfed Scarecrow's board for most of the session and damn her for not waxing the tail! I did the splits 3 times and got worked big time. Her board decided to massage my shins ever so lightly. And damn there was a lot of kelp. My last wave, I went left and tried for a coverup (yeah, what was I thinking) and got dumped in the mush pit. I tried to paddle back out but my entire leash was covered in kelp. I just left. Speaking of lefts, I did checkout LPB (thanks for telling me what it means Whiff). Way better than Countyline, but there aren't that many take off spots and I didn't want to leave Scarecrow fending for herself. I think I will check it out soon.

And I met up with the Twin Fin guy. $300 for a Classic KG classic twin fin. I think I'll name it the Bruin board =). Hopefully have it beginning of September. One thing that Twin Fin guy did mention was citrus. He took off the wax and told me, "I didn't have citrus." What does citus do? Anybody know?

Let's review my quiver: 10'0 Dewey Weber Tanker, 9'6 Becker Performance (my bro's, he doesn't surf anymore), 6'6 Doc Single fin and a 6'1 DLC Potato Chip... With the twin fin, I think I'm done buying boards, right? RIIIIIIIIGHT.....

Gonna hit up Newport Saturday. Hope this end of the week swell holds over until then. Happy Wave Catching! Can someone do a Cheater 5 for me... its been so long since I've done one.

2 Comments:

Blogger Whiffleboy said...

No worries dude. You gotta paddle out next time you're there.

12:09 PM  
Blogger Surfsister said...

It'll be there when you're ready for it. Whiff is right. It's probably best that you didn't take Scarecrow out there. But it's not like LPB is going anywhere. Maybe, at some point, we can all hit it at the same time.

3:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home