Monday, January 29, 2007

FUN!

So after work on Friday, I made it to Sunse+ and was in the water by 4:30pm. Place wasn't firing but it was good enough for me. DAMN the Wooly Mammoth trip!!! My left arm is still jacked which made paddling hurt. The waves were big enough for me not to paddle hard so the shoulder only became a problem when paddling back out after a ride. I managed to catch a handful. I did manage to make a friend (numero dos for 2007). We shall call him "Morris." Saw him first while paddling back out and noticed that his leash was attached to his ass. WTF! Pulled up next to him and thought he was just dangling his legs in the water. A couple of waves later, he mentions that sometimes he feels like Captain Dan out in heavier surf. Then it hit me! He doesn't have any legs! Man what an inspiration! He mad me want to stay out longer, which I did. I eventually asked him how he got out. He said he usually asks someone to take his board up for him but if he's on his own, he usually shuffles up with his board. And damn, he can surf too. Hope to surf with him sometime again.

Saturday, I was supposed to run but how am I supposed to do that when Mom hooked it up with fresh crab and shrimps. My favorite!! I can eat of lot of it, but when I finally got fully, it didn't look like my brother and I made a dent! And, yes, I still live at home, but for certain reasons. If you like shrimp, try cooking them in seven-up. They turn out to be sweeter. MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!

Sunday, I managed to get out the door and do my run. Only did 16 miles of the 18 scheduled; ran out of water and money (that's what I tell myself). It was pretty cool being told, "Hey, you were at the other end of the city huh?" Why yes, I was! While on the run, I came to one conclusion about myself.. I AM MOTHERF-ING SLOW! Ahh well.

Surf Friday after work again and half marathon for breakfast before the Superb0wl.

3 Comments:

Blogger 6ftnperfect said...

hey my wife is doing a half on Super Bowl Sunday - are you headed to HB?

2:06 PM  
Blogger BeanCountingSurfer said...

Yup! 13.1 miles of running goodness!

8:16 PM  
Blogger 6ftnperfect said...

to some it's goodness, to others it's madness!

2:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home