Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Self Reminder

Of the Raddest Month.. ever. **edited**

-Charger Game- tailgating and LT breaking the TD record. We were supposed to get field level, but got the next level up almost near the railing. Good enough for me!
-Paul Frank warehouse sale-friend made a call and we didn't wait to get in and can't forget about the Christmas party with midgets, mini-snow hill, midgets, free booze, Wolfmother and a Motherf-ing CAMEL!
-RVC@- warehouse sale (didn't wait, again!), party with RVC@ crowd and super secret walk-through
-RVC@ Christmas party- lots of drinks, live performance, more shots, making out with chicks and not remembering, friend saying I sleep with a smile, told him to F off then he showed me evidence.. DAMN, guess it was a good, nay, GREAT night.
-Won an Ipod shuffle for my carpool story
-Got a super good raise. Almost twice of the said rate. Woo Hoo!!
-Lots of days off to do random stuff
-Finally back in the Christmas spirit and picked up a tree this year
-Won Disneyland Southern California Select annual passports from KR0Q while driving the tree to its new home. Sold them and got my heart rate monitor.
-Friend's bday bash- you can still have fun when you're a DD.
-Hooters, finally, with homey.
-Some surf- need to get back in the water again
-Ankle is feeling much better. Doesn't hurt to walk down stairs any more.
-Got new shoes that actaully work with my wide feet- Brooks Beast!
-Marathon training is hard to stick with. 10 miles with 6 miles being hill is a lot more fun than 13 flat miles
-Got on the bike for the first time in months
-A lot of time with best bud- super good times. lots of drinking, moving furniture, meeting her friends, painting her wall and just a lot of catching up. Made up for a lot of missed time, I'd say about 1.5 years in about one month.
-Xmas with the family- got a mini Coach wallet from youngest bro, hydration belt from middle bro(still in the mail by the way), oral-b triumph from my mom (if you don't have one, GET ONE! my teeth are so clean!), money from my dad and relatives, gps from uncle (which I want to return for a portable dvd player), gift cards, I won a blanket, movie tickets and $30 during bingo (actually, my whole family ran the table, we won 7 of 9 or 10 games)
-New Year's Eve with best bud and her friends at gr!dl0ck. Started off drinking at a friend's house. The DD's had energy drinks so that made me feel better, so did the alcohol. Then we drove 1.4 hours to pick up some chick and I lost my buzz, but it was worth it. I flirted with her, well in my eyes; I'm such a chicken, all night. My group decided to stay towards the back when the K!llers came on. I was with them for the countdown but decided to F-them and push forward. I got pretty damn close, about 10-12 people in front of me. Along the way, I sang along with random people, involuntarily felt up random people, took a few shots from random people (not one of my best decisions, but I'm still alive), got a contact high, danced the night away. Carmen Electra was supposed to host but we didn't see her. Damn her! After that, we hit Mel's diner, where I convinced 1.4 hour away chick to have some of my french toast. She had the "Damn I want some of that!" look in her eyes but denied my invitation to have some. She ate half of my plate when I offered it again. I got game, right? HAHAHAHA! I'm weak. Got to friend's place at 5:45am and decided that the sun would be up soon so I drove home to grab my board and surf. Cams showed lots of wind at the spot so I went to sleep, on and off for the whole day until finally getting up at 6pm. Probably should have called the 1.4 hour chick instead of texting her. Oh well.
-Almost reached my goal for the Slowtwitch December Camp. If only I trained on New Year's Eve. Ahh well, I needed all the rest.
-I think that's all? I'll edit if I remember more.
**The last time I surfed, there was a log, yes a log in the line up (first in the bay then near the point, where I was). Actually, more like a 5ft hunk of telephone pole. I thought of hopping on it and trying to catch a wave but I didn't want splinters in my ass. Two guys, different waves, almost hit the damn thing! CRAZY
**Even crazier!!! I saw a guy trunking it!!
**GOOGLE KNOWS EV-ER-EEE-THING!!!!!

New Years Resolutions:
1. Meet new people
2. Don't procrastinate
And just for kicks- get into base jumping.

Last year's Resolutions:
Be open... (insert words here) I was open to a lot of things, so check!
Be patient Kinda. Workwise check! Half a check for the rest.
Be humble 3/4 check!

FYI, the Running in Mud registration is open. Sign up, you'll have a blast.

15 miles this weekend and hopefully surf... and not drown.

Time to get serious!! It's race season!!!

See you in the water!!! I'm planning of setting up a surf day for the online pack. Probably somewhere in SoCal. Let me know if you're interested!

2 Comments:

Blogger Bill Graber said...

That post sounds like my ADD thought process... happy New Years dude.

12:25 AM  
Blogger Surfsister said...

I'm in!

7:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home