Monday, February 12, 2007

Wanna hear it?

Well here it goes! (no real surf content)

Friday, I called in sick so that I could squeeze in the 20 mile run. The run went well. Took me about 4 hours and some change. I swear to you, I hit every damn stoplight in my city. Weather started out pretty cool so I wore a long sleeve tech shirt. 2 hours in, the sun shows up and warms me up. Good thing the long sleeve was black :(... Miles 1-15 were cool; no problems just the heat factor starting to bother me. 15-18 were hell. I wanted to rip all my clothes and heart rate monitor off. I started going crazy... I caught myself getting mad at stoplights.. GRRRR!!! Miles 18-20 were a blur... they went by so fast but I swear you could have walked faster than I ran it. And you know what? 20 miles isn't so bad. Took a nice long ice bath and rub myself down with some sports cream.
After a few hours of rest, drove down to the OC to the best bud's place. "What? Ex-gf from high school is cooking dumplings? I think I'll get some McDonald's." Load up the car and head to the border. 2 hours in a car never went by so fast. We were having so much fun and were super loud. I'm so glad I wasn't driving.
In Mex, we pull off the freeway onto a test your suspension road. This didn't do any favors for the people with hangovers the next day. Unload, drink some and headed to the beach, which was 35 steps away. Damn I should have brought the board!! 6-10ft my ass! More like 6-10 inches. Long story short, 5 of the 7 ended up in the ocean. One was completely naked and the rest in bras, panties or boxers. They tried to get me in but I didn't cave into the peer pressure. After that, we cleaned up and drank a little more. Ok, a lot more. I think everyone stayed up because the first person to fall asleep got drawn on. Ef-gf-from-HS was the first to go. Her Mex code name is El Gato. You'd have to see the pictures.
Next day, drove to Puert0 Nuev0 for some lobster. Muy bueno! I love the tortillas there. Drove back and on the way back, bought some food, fireworks and a donkey pinata. I think we all took naps after that. Woke up a few hours later to some carne asada. MMMM..
After a few minutes of "decorating" the donkey, we took it to the beach and played with some fireworks. Oh, and did I mention the gnarly "firework" aka TNT, I mean dynami.. I mean stick that some random dude gave us? We played with some roman candles, lit some bottle rockets, and those missle things (my all-time favorite). After about a few minutes of this, we saw a flashlight pointing towards us so we scattered and headed back. But only after we "stuffed" the donkey. The whole time I was bracing myself for the loud bang, but it ended up just smoldering. Good thing there was a security guard there to point us to the stairs to the house, with his flashlight. Hee hee!
After a cold shower, we headed to P@pas and beer. It wasn't that crowded. Had a little too much to drink but held my own until we got home.
I was the first to go, but I didn't get any art.. probably cause I locked the door to my room. Which reminds me! I a room to myself! Woo hoo!!
Sunday morning and we all roll out of bed, 15 minutes AFTER checkout time. Oops! Ahh well.. we pack up and head to the exit and what do we find there!?!?! THE DONKEY!!! Someone in the car said, "Wouldn't that be dope if the donkey was at the front gate?" HHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! It seems that Senor Burro got more decorations.. AHH YEAH!!!
On the way back, we stopped for some food. MMMM!!! Dim sum!!! "Hi, I'm 'The Driver'" Bypassed all the people waiting and sat right down. Turns out they had a table for 7 and there wasn't a party of 7 waiting.
Get back to the OC, get ready and head to the Cave to pick up the SRA to see one of my favorite bands. I'm really stoked that I took her. The whole time we were talking, I kept thinking to myself, "Whoa, I could really date this chick." So much in common. Wish me luck!

Notes:
Best bud= Horchata
Ex-gf= El Gato
New Jap friend= Desnudo (naked)
BCS= Sonador (dreamer- I slept a lot)
Vietnam #1= Ruidoso (loud)
Vietnam#2= Ricl Suave (can't really think of one for him)
Best bud's "Friend"= Camionero (driver)
We were all supposed to have Mex code names, but only the top 3 were dubbed.
Exposed flesh in the water, in the middle of the night
Boom-boom in the bathroom after above
Penis on Ex-gf's face then some coal "paint" and we have El Gato
Lots of lesbianism
Bud Light for breakfast
Bargaining is fun!
Blue's secret stash of tequil@. Vietnam's 1&2 were brave for taking that random shot
Fireworks and the "Stick"
Donkey!!!
Stung you dumb! (Horchata getting stung by a bee while sticking her hand out the window and was talking.. well.. umm.. dumb)
Favorite band with a super rad chick.. that does stuff that I do!!!
Super rad chick would probably kick my ass in all the sports we have in common.. except for surfing.. fweeh!
Putting salt El Gato's beer.. TEE HEE!!
Dude with no legs on a faux-skateboard
Saw one barreling wave (on the way home in the car)
Horns purchased at market that were promptly place in grill of car
XX-mmmmmm
LOBSTER!
20 miles!!!
Super rad chick!

Surf hopefully Friday after work and then 3 day weekend!!! Woo hoo!!! Run mileage gets easier until the m@rathon. Surf and run!!!!

LATER!!!

2 Comments:

Blogger Bill Graber said...

ROTFLMAO here that was a great story.

12:27 PM  
Blogger BeanCountingSurfer said...

Glad you enjoyed it. :)

1:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home