Monday, February 05, 2007

Good Times!

Friday afternoon, there was this crane that fell near the 1o1 and 4o5N that caused some gnarly traffic. It took one friend 2.5 hours to get home, my carpool buddy hung out at the mall until 7 and got home in 2 hours and the carpool buddy's friend took 4 hours to get home. Me, I didn't get home until 4AM. I didn't go straight home though. ;)
After work, I headed to HB to pickup my race packet and met up with my good friends at www.goforitsports.com (a great source for all your Triathlon gear). Then, headed out to the 0C for a friend's bday at B0iling Cr@b. Super good food and a hot chickie sitting across from me. We made her dip her whole hand in some sauce and she didn't clean her hands off until the end. After a few hours of eating, we went to some club. Good times. Met 3 other chickies through the bday friend. One of them was cute, but once the said, "Let's go smoke," the hottness factor died. Ahh well. Get home at 4 and wake up at 7 to hit up C0untyline with the Pirahna. Super high tide and the point was almost Maliz00 crowded. I think I caught 3 or 4 waves and my first wave was the best. I caught one of the set waves that slipped through the longboard crowd. Popped up, did a bottom turn, hit the lip, went down and looked back. I dropped in on someone so I pulled off. It was good until it lasted. There was a sponger getting in the water in a green full suit. Dude looked like Gumby. I took one wave in and did the rock dance out. I was standing on one of the rocks and it decided to move and me me fall. I landed on my knees and my right calf cramped, big time. My board also hit the rocks but nothing happened. FWEEH! Saw a few photogs. Is this the new trend "Hey, I think I got some pics of you, check out my website, you can buy some pics."
At home, Mom was cooking up a storm (crab and shrimp for days, literally). Family came over to celebrate her birthday. Great times. Took a long nap; about 7 hours, ate a little then another 4 hours of sleep.
Up at 6am and drove to HB for 13.1 miles of goodness. And in true Beancountingsurfer fashion, I got to the start line 20 minutes after the start time. Dammit! Good thing this was a half-marathon so my time didn't start until after I ran over the start mat; we had timing chips. I was going pretty well and was amazed I was trucking so fast. I looked up my times, pace at mile 5: 10:38, pace at mile 9: 10:42. Woo hoo! I'm gonna beat my goal of 2hrs 30 min. Hit mile 10, dammit! My calf starts hurting!! Damn that hill! I think I took it too fast. Mix of walk and run was strategy. Run until you feel the cramp coming then walk. I finished 2 minutes over my goal. Good enough for me. A few noticables: some guy was running the marathon.. wait for it.. BAREFOOT!. Another guy was running the half carrying two American flags; they said he does this in all his races (passed him at mile 6). Some foreign dude singing: "Proud to be an American" at the top of his lungs. I raced a kid the last 50yrds to the finish line. I let him win.
After that had lunch with my uncle at Y@rdhouse and head to a friend's place to watch that game. Great game with lots of action and a great group to watch it with. Then sushi with the bros to end the weekend.

On tap this week, ask for Friday off so I can run 20 miles, then Ros@rito with the best bud and friends and see my FAVORITE BAND Sunday night. Damn, I'm having a lot of fun.

And if I haven't said it before, I'll say it now: The Red H0t Chili Peppers suck!

Hey Clayfin, how'd your wife do?

4 Comments:

Blogger Bill Graber said...

Chickies?

1:08 PM  
Blogger BeanCountingSurfer said...

4 of them! In one night!

:)

1:29 PM  
Blogger 6ftnperfect said...

the wife completed the race but I don't think she worried or kept track of time on this one.

11:02 AM  
Blogger 6ftnperfect said...

oh yeah, there are two guys who run the SF Marathon (not half) barefoot every year!

11:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home