Thursday, March 01, 2007

Already spent

See you later 2006 refund!

I have to agree with Surfsister's recent post on her blog. DAMN YOU ALL FOR GETTING NEW BOARDS!!! In the past, I've been able to suppress my need for getting a new board by searching the web for deals on boards and suggesting them to my friends. Now that I'm no longer extending any more surf invitations to my friends, I've been looking for boards for me; when you're done with work and sit at a computer for hours, researching surfboards passes time really well.
Recently, my good buddy, from the OC (I've mentioned him before), mentioned he was ordering a Bruce !rons model from JS. I ordered a 6'2.. or was that a 6'4? I don't want him to take advantage of the hookup so if it doesn't work, then no sweat.. I think I've found my next board.. the C0le Firefly.

FIREFLY
The firefly is the culmination of many years of experimentation. The Firefly accelerates quickly, is snappy off the top. The Four Fin design is loose, yet maximizes drive and holding power. When on rail, both fins are facing the same direction, minimizing drag and eliminating the anchor effect of a third fin. Stretch your imagination. Think for yourself. Fly one today. $585.. +$35 for rail channels

I've also thought about other boards, but this is on the top of the list (see below):
Campbell Bonzer-too expensive!!!
Quad Fish-have to blame the guy I bought my Fish from
Egg-read about this on someone's blog
Another Doc board-from gracfullee's blog.. Doc shaped my first custom board.
Blog boards-Shapers: Reverb, Clayfin and Alan-M

This reminds me that I need to post my quiver... Finally got a new camera, so hopefully post it soon. I lag.

And wtf!! Who turned off the heater?!?!? I hate running on the dreadmill at the gym. 1. It's boring. 2. The past 3 days, I've run next to females. One conversation was with some teenagers arguing cause the other didn't return her text message.. SERIOUSLY?!?!!? Last night, two ladies talking about tv shows and celebrities and their lives.. 3. People smell..

Another WTF!!! The motherf-ing Red H0t Chil! Peppers have their own boardshorts... they're taking over the world!! DAMN THEM!!! First I had to make my ears deaf to them.. now I've got to blind myself.. grrrrr... say it with me.. no more RHCP!!!

Sunday is the marathon... sorry about the traffic.. Wish me luck!!!

3 Comments:

Blogger 6ftnperfect said...

Ha! that is so funny about RHCP! After their previous CD I was marvelling about their ability to achieve so much air time. Now with their newest, they're doing it again - three different songs on rotation. Maybe I need to find better stations.

Campbell Brother Bonzers - not true! They are a super deal. One, you get a fine tuned board specific to you by the original creator, and two, you can have it glassed at Moonlight for superior longevity. You must get one. That Firefly is for kids who want to bust airs.

5:25 PM  
Blogger Bill Graber said...

New surf board? or diapers? hummmm I wonder what I'm going to buy?

10:51 AM  
Blogger twin said...

Try the pool.....easier to ignore the idiots. And...it's almost considered "water time".

9:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home