Monday, March 12, 2007

Damn tourists!!!

This weekend ended up being great!!! I was kind of bummed to see the flatness on the Sunse+ cam so I just went home and ran. This was the first time running, actually more like jogging, that I've done since the marathon. My knee has been hurting all week but it didn't hurt during the run. I threw on a few S@lonpas patches on it just in case it hurt then next morning.. damn I hate taking those things off!

Saturday morning, I surfed my favorite spot with the fish. I thought catching a wave right when I got into the line up was a good sign but I was wrong. I did notice a difference in my paddling. I felt like I was being shot out of a canon when I paddled for a wave and it completely threw off my popup. After an hour or so of sitting and sucking trying to catch set waves, I paddled to the inside and caught a few thigh highers. Then it hit me.. I was paddling like I was on my Rusty. I made the adjustment to my paddling and was able to 3 or 4 stroke it onto the wave. AHH YEAH!!! Too bad I was too tired to keep going. Once I got back, I had lunch with my god-daughter and her family... man kids are funny!!! We spent 2 hours at the restaurant.. 2 hours!!! DANG!! I was ready to go home and take a nap!! I was able to take a 30 min nap and picked up my cousins to see My Chemic@l Rom@nce at the F0rum. I decided not to park in the parking lot and found some street parking.. had to walk a few minutes but it was worth it. Getting in and out of the lot was a nightmare! These guys rocked it. I'm really not a fan, but I had a great time. The only bad thing was: 1) Almost got kicked out for using my camera that I snuck in. 2) My soon to be 8yr old cousin kept on asking how many more minutes, after the first half (they changed). It was really cool to see her rocking out the whole first time.. She was pumping her fist, jumping and singing. 3) Is it weird that people take their young kids to concerts? I'm not talking about 3 or 4 yr olds.. I'm talking can't walk or talk young. Crazy!

Sunday I woke up later than I wanted and took my Performance longboard to my favorite spot again. I stayed out for 3 hours.. for some reason, I wasn't getting tired no matter how much I was paddling.. caught so many waves and I didn't just cruise on them, I worked them, did some cheater 5's, tried some floaters and pissed off a lot of shortboarders. I think was the best day of surfing I've had in a while. Not really consistent but the lack of a crowd made up for that. I would say the set waves I caught were around shoulder high. I need to work on not "sinking" the back part of the board so much. I sank it so deep that my board would just stop. I probably didn't explain that right. I was so stoked that I was making sections and making the guys on the inside pull off. I'm not really good at speeding up to get around the white water. And damn I think some kelp collecting boat dump a jungle load of it near the point. I kept having to untangle myself and missed a few waves cause it was slowing me down.

And fuck the tourist that blocked me in (I parked on the dirt lot)!!! I know Neptune's Net is super good, but seriously, do you have to park your car so others can't get out? Dumb shit!! I asked a few people around if it was their car.. their replies, "Nope.. damn tourists.. set the alarm off." I tried a few tugs on the door handles, smacking the doors and rocking the back bumper, I wasn't able to set it off. Right when I got the bright idea of jumping on the hood, the butthole (I'm bringing that word back!) comes running and asks if I've been waiting long. "One more minute and I would have been on your hood homie." He gave me the "Oh shit" face. Jackass.

Notes:
4/11 for the Run 31 days in March challege; 21 runs gets me silver!!!
You can't claim double overhead when you first claim it was overhead.. dumbass
Seriously (same guy above), do you have the right to laugh at me for falling on a wave when you're doin the power squat the whole ride on the longboard? Come on now.
Park on the street near the F0rum, St@ples center and W!ltern. Walk 5 minutes to save $20 and traffic!
Cold drinks on a hot day rule!
S@lonpas patches are good and bad at the same time.
Saw a guy wearing a "Recovering Slut" tshirt. HEE HEE!!!
I can play the first few notes of Smoke on the W@ater!!
Need to remember to adjust my paddling according to my board.
Need to work on going backside. Do you keep your front leg straight or bent?
HOLD ON TO YOUR BOARD!!!

Hopefully some more fun waves this weekend!! Time to hit the road again (run and bike)!!!

2 Comments:

Blogger 6ftnperfect said...

funny post! going backside, keep both legs straight with knees firmly locked.

9:56 PM  
Blogger Bill Graber said...

yeah I agree, tourist so suck... it's spring break here so we will be getting a bunch here for the next couple of weeks.

7:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home