Friday, June 08, 2007

Damn my timing!

Dude I swear I need to find more time at work to do personal things... ;)

Last week I called in sick on Friday.. I really felt like crap but I figured I'd surf and then sleep the rest of the day. Surfed CL on the tanker and damn that was fun! I kooked it up in the first 45 min or so.. then I fixed it!!! I caught a lot of the waves... One guy said, "Man, we need to ride with that guy." And I said, "Pretty fun day today huh?" to a fellow longboarder. His reply, "Everytime I try to catch a wave, you're on it." Ahh well.. I'm a wavehog but there were enough waves to catch. One person dropped in on me on a wave that just walled up and didn't break. I chased her down yelling, "Go! Go!" Sharing is caring!! I think I was out for almost 3 hours.. pretty good for being sick... I just slept the rest of the day...

Saturday, I picked up my tri bike... woo hoo!! That thing is so fast and running off the bike is so much easier. Fit is more like a road bike but I'll need to lose more weight to get into the tri position... But I really don't care.. Bike is fucking sweet! If you didn't catch it earlier (due to my long posts) I named it the COW (chaos on wheels).. being the in the aerobars the first time was the gnarliest thing I've ever felt. I've somewhat tamed the bovine.. but still getting to know her.. I also talked to one chick at the shop.. and right before I was going to ask for her number, she got fitted on her bike.. damn my timing!!! And from the answers to my survey conducted among friends, I would be a stalker for messaging her on a popular space site... I knew her first name and what tri she did.. then I found her on the space... yeah.. probably won't contact her.. I don't wanna be weird.. and if you see me in the water, push me off my board... DAMMIT!

Sunday, I surfed the fish and kooked it up again.. but only when I went left.. I caught my fill and had a few memorable waves.. good times... I surfed around the guy that sold me this board.. he introduced me to his crew.. I can finally put names to faces that I see.. After that, took the COW on a 2 hr ride.. covered about 38 miles and was hitting high speeds.. All good and well until I checked if the computer had be set the correct wheel size.... DOH!! wrong size.. I wonder how much slower I've been actually goin.

Tri training has really been picking up and I'm trying not to miss a lot of days.. Going to miss this Saturday for my Weekend Outdoor Activities... Saturday is the Mud Run and Sunday is the Redond0 Bch Tri.. So if you live in the RB area.. or want to make fun of the Bean Counter in spandex... race starts at 7:30am.

Oh yeah.. just a reminder.. the DooDahSurf day is coming up. July 21st at Sunset... super good time.. my beer can costume got destroyed so I'll have to look for something else.. LATER!

4 Comments:

Blogger Bill Graber said...

A very busy man indeed

1:40 PM  
Blogger Patch said...

I looked for the chubby dark guy last Friday... looks like you hit a different spot. :)

6:59 PM  
Blogger BeanCountingSurfer said...

Ahh really? I was on a 10' red and white Weber... surfed near the point.. ahh well.. next time.

6:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was at the 'bu, maybe next time.

7:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home