Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Keep it grass roots

Holy crap, I just heard a Cantonese version of Name that tune on KR0Q!! Fucking hilarious!!!! AND!! All the contestants got them right!!! AHHAHAAHHAA!!!

So, I've started dating a friend of a friend.. she's pretty cool.. I guess... we've gone out three times and all great times.. note to self... don't drink too much liquid courage!!! HAHAHAHA!! Oh, the pictures!!! And Chuck and L@rry is hilarious!! A joke in every scene.

Also, last week was rest week... minimal hours of training and a chance to let my body recover.. probably the reason why I had the dates during the week and drinks... Friday nite, I went out to H00ters with the date and friends.. had too many drinks and ended up in bed at 4am... 6:30 and I'm up, throw on the costume, picked up the pirate and headed down to the Doo Dah... DAMN!! there were a lot of people.. the pirate and I were #56 on the picture board.. with the huge crowd, I'm surprised nobody got hurt... I was kind of scared to paddle back out with all those people coming at me... OH THE HORRIBLE MEMORIES!!! (I've been skegged in the head when some chick decided to run me over when 4 people were already on the wave) Overall good times!! I tried someone else's board... it was really thin and thick.. a lot different from the Buffet board... I won a towel (that I gave to pirate) and dvd.. sweet... then they were throwing out towels and pirate caught one so we both have one!! While waiting for the board to be raffled off, I had a chance to check it out... ehhh... I'm sure they put a lot of work into it, but I'd for sure pass on it.. looked like something from a swapmeet.. oh well... Overall a great time but I don't think I'll be doing it next year... WAY TOO MANY SPONSORS!!! Plus I read CONS and he scored some waves further south.. Oh well..

Sunday, I had to run 6 miles pretty hard.. just to see what speed I'm at... I was surprised to see a 8:30min/mile average on my watch and was able to keep it up for 3 miles.. then my foot started to hurt and mile 4 I just stopped from the pain... sucks that I didn't finish.. I still had the lungs for it but I'm stoked to go faster than 10min/mile... On a side note, there was a young couple in an suv.. the bf in the passenger side told his gf to stop cause I was coming pretty close... Not once did she look over and forgetting about stopping... Fuck it... I sprayed their car with my water bottle!! The bf gets really mad (I think I got him wet cause his window was wide open) and he yelled, of all things, "Fuck you bitch!! Don't run here!!" Umm yeah..... great threat.. dumb shit.. then I got all paranoid that they would come back and I was already tired.. they didn't... I hope they cleaned off drink I had or else it's sticky city!!

And last night, Tuesday, on my run, I saw a lady walking next to her two girls (on bikes) without helmets.. I caught up to her and told her she needs to put helmets on her kids.. what does she say. "I know I should, but I couldn't find the helmets in the van.." WTF!! That is the lamest excuse.. EVER!! You want to put your kids in danger because you forgot to pack their helmets!! Dumb bitch... you're at the park!! let them play on the playground!! FUCK!!! there are some stupid people in my city!!!

Sorry for the vent session.. I need to get laid or get some good surf!!

Surf Saturday and mini tri on Sunday... oh yeah and take the buffet board to the "doctor." LATER!!

3 Comments:

Blogger Surfsister said...

Your costume was great. In fact, it was good when I saw you. Then, when you told me you were a Mormon, your costume rose to the level of greatness. Good seeing you out there. I do want to surf with you . . . in less crowded conditions. Send me an email when you're available for a session.

6:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

PROGRAM NOTE:
Some colleagues of mine worked on this surf documentary. I thought I'd pass the info along.

It airs on ESPN 2 in HD AUGUST 7 2007 8 PM – 10 PM ET

As some of you know, a lot of the past 18 months I have been dedicated to an ESPN surf documentary – Down the Barrel. The movie features Kelly Slater, Rob Machado, Joel Parkinson and Kalani Robb.

It was supposed to air on Wednesday, but Barry Bonds pursuit of the all time home run record has played havoc with the ESPN networks programming schedule and the presentation has been moved to following week.

Reset the TiVo’s … and enjoy the movie.

This is a movie for the both the surfer and the non surfer looking at the who, what, where and why of the sport that has influenced generations in and out of the mainstream.

The essence of surfing is an elusive ideal. Part sport, part state-of-mind; an avenue for self-expression, a metaphor for freedom; a ritual, a competitive event, a dangerous journey. Nature supplies the power, and with the proper balance of respect and resistance, we enjoy the ride. From the North Shore of Oahu, to the end of the road in Tahiti. From Australia to California, from Florida to France, the world’s greatest surfers share their insights, and show us why it’s done. Their skill and the thrill of the experience – are captured in this ESPN documentary. What is the secret to surfing’s appeal? The answer lies DOWN THE BARREL.

Special thanks to small group of very good friends that made this possible
Director Of Photography MATT GOODMAN
Director Of Water Photography MICHAEL PRICKETT
2nd Unit Photography TRENT KAMERMAN
HD Finishing KEN SIRULNICK / GLUE
Telecine GREG KIBLER / CCI DIGITAL

12:30 PM  
Blogger 6ftnperfect said...

helmets for kids is the law!

10:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home