Friday, August 31, 2007

TAPER!!!!!!

Let the TAPER begin!! Two more weeks until the big race... Ah yeah!! Time to let the body heal and get rid of this clicking noise I hear when I walk up stairs... pretty gross.. So far, I've rested two days in a row and my legs feel a lot better... reduced hours but still the same intensity.. Oh yeah.. forgot to mention.. the new speed record on the COW is now 26mph (see below)! Oh man that feels rad!

I'm taking you guys back a few days so bear with me.. Wednesday, I went for a 30min bike then 2hr run.. 13 minutes into the bike, I hear the cling of metal and my tire losing air.. Dammit!! Whatever, good chance to practice changing my tire and using the CO2 pump. OH SHIT!! there's a slah all the way across the middle of the tire!! I tried the dollar trick and hoped it would be able to hold until I got home.. I was 4 miles away.. pumped it up and pop! DOH!! tube went right through the slash.. great!! oh yeah, CO2 pump is rad!!! The one time I don't bring my cell phone!!! GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!! So, I put the tire back on, took off my shoes and walked my goofy looking ass to the nearest shopping center, a half mile away... I phoned my aunt from a sandwich shop.. Thanks for letting me use the phone!! and got home.. Ahh well.. Swam and biked Thursday and made it up for the blown workout on Friday... I was running pretty fast for me. Averaging a 9min mile after 6 miles.. then I got a crap and walked.. then I sat down and it went away.. finished the run with 11 miles in 1hr 45 min.. Hung out with the gf after.. she surprised me and came home early from her trip.. woo hoo!!! we just chilled.. good times and I dont know why...

Saturday, I biked for 3hrs but skipped the run.. my legs were way too tired to hit the run.. ahh well.. two long days back to back has got to make up for something right? And if you remember, this was gf's party.. the one where I wasn't going cause she had to handle her shit.. Um yeah.. that didn't last too long.. It was either she wanted me there or the booze.. or both.. but she ended up calling me at 9pm.. i got there when the ex got there.. I didn't even know it!!! I took a seat next to a friend and saw the gf with her arm around some dude... jealousy kicked in big time.. must have been the look on my face because my buddy told me the ex was the guy talking to them (He looked gay, btw) and the guy she had her arm around was gay.. HAHAHHAAHH!! FWEEEH!!! Few minutes later, she walked him out and I never saw him again.... I must have had 6 or 7 shots within an hour and it was nighty night... I was trying to sing karaoke in tagalog but ended up falling asleep on the couch. damn the training sesh! woke up at 6am, put the gf in her bed and went home to sleep most of the day off.. i tried to surf, but the body wasn't havin it..

Monday-Thursday was taper week.. I missed a 40 min run so I made it up with the next day's training... which happened to be an hour bike ride... oops! Taper.. what taper? Also, I have the raddest story ever!! I was biking on Wednesday and on my way back, another cyclist came up behind me.. whatever... I was cruising at 23mph.. I could still hear him behind me clicking his pedals.. then I thought I'd try to drop him so I upped it to 25mph.. click click click!!! WTF!! the guy even passes me!!! I catch up to him and were at a light.. we both start off slow, then pick it up.. Then I pass him at 26mph and can still hear him.. FUCK THIS GUY!!! NO DRAFTING!! I shift and crank it for the next mile and half.. 28.6mph!!!!!! (I started this entry on Monday and finishing it on Friday!!!) I looked back and he was about a half mile away! AHH YEAH!! Don't mess with the fat guy!!! I'm thinking 30mph is my goal.. maybe during the winter? I'm still on that high!!!

HIM update.. I still haven't reserved a hotel.. uh oh!!! This weekend is SD with the gf and some other friends.. I thought about surfing but I don't want to get hurt so I'll pass... Ordered another surfboard.. the CIFLYER 6'2.. Oh yeah and I forgot to mention that a FUCK YOU goes out to the chick at the Redond0 beach warf.. I don't care if I have to pay full price for a refill.. I wanted to waste another cup... and don't look at me like I'm stupid, dumbshit!

On that note.. LATER!!! Get some waves for me!!!

2 Comments:

Blogger twin said...

Good luck with the big race...

1:23 PM  
Blogger twin said...

So....? Results?

11:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home