Tuesday, July 21, 2009

KNOCK KNOCK! Who's there? SWELL!

Well, that's what all the reports say. Sweet!! I get to surf the wedding board again! FYI.. wedding board is a 5'10 SurfRX New Toy.. Then again, I've only caught 1 wave with that thing in a handful of sessions. The fish might be the call. And, good thing we have a dr. appt. on Monday.. dare I say? Three days of surf? Probably won't do the costume thing.

Surf this past weekend was ehh.. they had a contest at my favorite spot. The first wave I caught was a left that I took over into the contest area... I hate contests... especially when they post up where all the waves are. Anyway, I took the wave left and one of the groms in the contest tried to drop in on me. I just stayed on the wave. All he did was yell, "Fuck fuck fuck." Dude get a grip.. There are other waves. That's where it all went downhill. I tried to paddle back out but another contestant caught a wave. It was a right. I thought, "Hmmm, if he keeps going right, he'll hit me. Nah, he'll cut back, spray me and then finish the wave off." Uhh not so much. Little fucker just kept going and ran over the top of my board. The tanker now has a ding on the side of the nose. Small enough for me to repair but damn. The kid just said sorry and too off paddling like I was gonna beat his ass. ARGH!

Finished off the set trying to catch small waves. I could tell I was tired but not like last week. I think I'm getting used to the whole program. I'm going to try switch my Friday workout with my Wednesday workout. Friday is back and legs. I think all the pullups make me tired for Saturday sessions. I didn't lose any weight this week. My diet really sucked but I do feel a lot stronger. I amazed at how much more I can do.

So, the higher ups have decided and furloughs are going to start for us. I feel pretty lucky that it's taken this long for furloughs to start. For my salary range, I get 16 days. A lot of it will be used for dr. appts. The others, for surf days. Woo hoo!! Or, maybe I'll try to find another job. It's hard to say because my car is paid off in August. My car payment and loss in pay pretty much cancel out. Actually, I'd get an extra $100. No problem for me.. I hope.

This reminds me.. I need to email a certain someone!

Be safe in the water!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home