Thursday, June 25, 2009

BACK!

Finally back on the blog. A lot has happened.. here it is in a nutshell.. or is it list?

1. Married the girl who's mom had a problem with me. Everything is great! We have our own place and are going to a grom in December. We don't want to know the sex of the baby but "If it's a boy, I only have to worry about one little dick... if it's a girl, I have to worry about a whole lot of little dicks." That is what I'll be telling my kid when they're older... "You know, we wanted you to be a surprise but (insert quote)." Honeymoon was in Bora Bora at the cuatro Seasons. Awesome place. Didn't surf but relaxed, sweated, snorkeled, swam with the sharks, fished, ate great food and sweated. Don't forget to save some money cause that place is super expensive.

2. Wife got me a 5'10 new toy. It has a plaid design using our wedding colors. I named it Plaidypus. I've surfed it about 3-4 hours total and have caught 1 wave.

3. I've gained a lot of weight back (too embarrassed to tell) so I'm taking this season off and concentrating on my family, weight loss and surfing.

4. Purchased that infomercial workout. I'll post results.

5. Budget cuts have finally hit my job... please give me the furloughs.

6. I've reduced my quiver to 6. 10' Weber Stylist, 9'6 Becker Performance (I forgot), 6'2 KG Fish, 6'6 Surf RX Single Fine, 5'10 Surf RX New Toy and a untouched 6'2 CI Flyer F. I ordered that cause I got a deal and was planning to sell it. been over a year and I'm thinking of just trading it for another board. Boards sold: 7'6 Becker LC, 6'4 Rusty Pirahna, 6'1 DLC. I think that's all?

7. Having your parents drill "family" into your head, get divorced, then remarry has messed me the f up. My dad has remarried someone younger than me.. that, up until 1.5 weeks ago, lived in another city, 17 hrs away.. by plane. My mom showed up last xmas with her bf.. that messed me up.. I don't know if they're still together (I could careless) cause I haven't seen them together.. or my mom got the not so subtle hint I gave her. I want them to be happy.. it's just hard.. I need time.. or more money.. so I can pay for therapy... surfing helps a lot though and that only costs $7RT.

8. Realized that last month was 7 years of surfing for me. I don't ever want to stop.


On tap for the rest of the week is surf (probably longboard) for the weekend, MIL's 60th bday, biking and hanging out with the wife.

There is that surf gathering at Sunset on 7/25... I'm kind of over it but my buddy loves that event and has been trying to get me to commit to it. I'm thinking about it cause her costume idea was cool.

2 Comments:

Blogger Kim said...

Oooh! Cool to read this update. Congrats on getting married!

5:54 AM  
Blogger Surfsister said...

Oh my god!!! Where have you been? Write to me!
surfsister@sbcglobal.net

2:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home