Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Basic, Closed Right Turn, Closed Right Turn Open...

Woo hoo!! I got to surf twice this past weekend. Saturday, took the fish out to my favorite spot.. I could have hit the OC but didn't think it would be worth the drive (and I found out later that I made the right choice). I managed to grab a handful of waves in the 1.5 hours I was out. This was the first time I've taken this board in a long time. I caught one good sized wave but was only to bottom turn and go up the face.. then it closed out.. It was a solid popup and turn so I was stoked... I did notice, however, that I need to put some ding repair near the tail. The corner where the bottom of the board and rail meet have come apart. Sunday, I took the tanker out because I wanted to catch a lot of waves in just a short time; I only had an hour. And, I did just that. I caught a lot of waves and had a great time. I did have an incident with one other longboarder. I was on a wave and going down the line. The wave started to close out so I tried to beat it. While I was pumping, there was a guy in the water holding onto the tail of his board. He didn't hold onto his board and hit my shin when the wave closed out. I gave him the finger and paddled back out. Then he says, "That was totally uncalled for. We're all supposed to get a long." I just told him to hold on to his board and paddled away from him.. I should have told him that I value safety before getting along with others... because I think if everyone follows the rules, getting along will happen automatically.. Was I out of line? Probably. Oh well. Another incident I had was with another longboarder sitting in the inside. I've been observing him and his buddy all sesh. I tried to stay away from them because they didn't move when people were on the waves. But, I saw a set wave and couldn't resist. I whipped my board around and popped up.. out of the corner of my eye, I see another guy, with the right of way, catch the wave. I couldn't pull out of the wave because that longboarder decided to just sit where he was. I fell off my board and it almost hit the guy on the wave. Good thing he had a good sense of humor. I explained that I tried to get off but couldn't. He was cool with it.. And, he was surfing with a toothpick!!! WTF!! I pointed that out and told him it was funny.. His reply, "Can't help it, I'm a Texan." Good laugh. Ended my sesh with a closeout wave that I popped up on and then went to my belly. Surf this weekend again... Three days, hopefully! I have Monday off.

I also went to dinner with the gf's dad. It was great. I think he likes me. He offered to cook for me. The gf said, "Wow, he didn't even offer to cook for me!" Woo hoo!!

And damn the gf's mom.. her mom gave out her email to a friend that knows somebody single without her knowing. So, when her mom told her and asked for her picture, the gf said no. This really pisses me off. I feel that her mom thinks that I'm not good enough.. shit I ain't over at your house every other day for nothing! and don't give me shit about not knowing anything about me. it ain't my fault that you watch youtube (TFC) for more hours than I work in a week. FUCK!!!

RED Project update:
10/29-11/04: Ran 5 days (2miles each day) and walked 1 day for 40 minutes (2miles). Knee still kind of hurts but not as bad as before. I think I'll just keep the miles per day down and just take care of it more.

Oh yeah and I started salsa lessons!! Super fun!! And damn the gf can dance! Gotta catch up to her!! And damn the instructor.. she had some stencil temporary tatoo on her chest and wore a low top.. I COULDN'T STOP LOOKING!! Funny thing is.. I think it help me focus!! HAHHAHAAHA!! oh well.. dance shoes for next week.

I've been wanting to do a carpool entry.. I think it'll be entertaining.

LATER!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

...many things on the run fella

8:51 AM  
Blogger 6ftnperfect said...

bad joojoo on the gf's mom, WTF?? take her flowers next time. And, no finger pointing in the water!

2:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home